This year rather than making resolutions I decided to make two goal lists. (Those who know me know I strive on lists. J) I hope they will help me achieve two simple goals. Write more and increase the number of published words I produce this year. In theory the lists should help me pull myself back on track when….
I need to write but dinner needs preparing. I need to edit but I have to help with homework. I need to create a blog but I’m exhausted from work. My chore list grows along with my to-do-writing list. AHHHHHH! I hope instead to take a breath and review my lists. They are inspired by two overused phrases from Disney movies.
Let it Go
- Stop trying to cram too much into every day.
- Give myself permission to say no. I don’t have to do all things for all people.
- Resist the fear of rejection.
- Everyone has an opinion, allow them to express it and move on. My housekeeping prowess does not reflect on my ability to achieve other goals.
- Not every negative critique or review defines who I am. Shift through them, find the gems and throw the rest away.
- Reject the Lie that I am not good enough.
- Forgo time spent on things that don’t advance my goals or hold any eternal value.
- Ignore comments from friends who don’t understand my goals and insist my time could be better spent.
- Turn away for a time from the manuscript I’ve been tweaking and move on to the next story stirring in my heart.
- Spend time reviving my spirit and exercising my body so my mind is fresh and inspired to write.
- Achieve my word count goal every day.
- Set aside time to write.
- Grab moments every chance I get to put my ideas on paper.
- Say No to things that rob time I could spend writing.
- Balance marketing and social media with writing.
- Take time to read craft books, listen to webinars and learn more about my craft.
- Plan writing projects and stick to the plan.
What would you add to this list? I’d love to know.
Don’t forget if you want to receive new posts subscribe in the right hand column.