Writing requires getting words on a page. Lots of words on a page is what we do. At times it can be a thankless pursuit. In order to refocus my mind from the attitude “this is too hard” to “I am having fun” I created a thankful list in no particular order of importance.
- I am thankful for computers and spell check.
When I first began this writing journey it was with a typewriter, carbon paper and white out. Bleh!!!
- I am thankful for the internet.
Research questions answers a key stroke away. I love the library but not leaving the house is golden.
- I am thankful for writing blogs.
So much information and encouragement to remind me I am a writer.
- I am thankful for e-mail.
No more sending proposals and query letter snail mail. No additional expenses to send my manuscript to several publishers at once.
- I am thankful for social media.
Connecting with my fans and other authors is wonderful.
- I am thankful for reviews.
Good, bad or quizzical. They remind me that real people read my words.
- I am thankful for my critique group.
Without my Word Weaver partners, I would still be unpublished.
- I am thankful for the friendships I’ve forged with fellow-writers.
They’ve mentored, encouraged and opened doors for me.
- I am thankful for a supportive family who brag about me to their friends.
Making me feel so loved.
- Most importantly, I am thankful to Jesus for the gift of words.
What’s on your thankful list?